Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk X275 Racers only please

This topic contains 125 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  gazzard 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author

greenhj

i deleted my post because i cant see the point of being involved when its just seen as “sooking”.

pig383

Theses are are the options we had.
    1 just bring the turbo ruling back to a single turbo only.
    2 slow the class down to the the 8.50 cut off as I know of 3 new twin turbo cars that went out and spent $$$ not including geri would that be fair??
    Guys this is starting to get pretty painful you all need to relax, once we see 10 to 15 cars banging on the 8.50 then it will be put up to a lower 8 ect that way we can slowly progress the class over time.
    Jw

pro380

Drop it back to 1/8 mile give the nitrous cars a chance against the turbo Teddy’s

gazzard

Actually, John NEEDS input from outsiders. Most racers, not all, but most, are more concerned about THEIR combo, than the overall health of the class. So he needs input from people who can look at the class objectively, without regard to their own combination.

I have said it before, the nitrous cars are the EASY part to police. We all know a 460in SBX, Fulton motor, is a much better piece, than an inline 15* head motor. So you come up with some jet limits, for certain combos. Same with Big Blocks, you set a jet limit if needed. You could also limit smallblocks to one kit as well. Then tunnel rams, billet heads and all the other cool guy stuff, does not matter, because you limit the power adder and it makes tech very easy……….check the jets and seal the fittings, DONE. No current nitrous racer, would have to change anything, other than maybe some jets.

Boosted cars are the hard part, because you can’t limit the power on them, without changing what MAKES the power and that is the blower or turbo. Weight does not really matter, because they don’t have to accelerate as hard early, as a nitrous car, to run hard, so carrying weight, does not hurt them much.

Some give John a hard time, but he does a good job, PLUS, he is a smart guy and sees what is going on and knows what these combos are capable of. The class is faster than he ever thought it would be, but at least he is trying to do something about it, without wholesale changes.

Monte

Monte Smith
    Motorsports Technical Representative
    Nitrous Oxide Systems

Ya and i saw where you said “Dont worry guys were not gonna let a turbo come in here and ruin the class with 155 mph trap speeds” Well what the fuck is 160 mph gonna do to help that? Let me ask you …Do you think it might have been a good idea to get an idea of what the turbo or the blower was capable of before you just take the pen to the paper??? Fix it right 1 time go thru and fix it right so everyone will be pissed off then they will fix their car sand go race. Make all the combos weight the same and make them all have about the same power potential. Right now you got 500 hp diff and 500 lbs Perez got 3 wins because he can push his car off the line and then start it and catch everyone cause he can out MPH the SBNOS guys by 7 mph. Remember weight doesnt fix things it just a band aid

Keep 275 alive
    Just say NO to outlaw 275 !!!!

Fopar

as long as it stays 8.50 cut-off is sweet. i can see Scott dominating with the HG, apart from that i think only the Mustang was in the mid 8’s. hope the slower guys don’t get the shits and say they want 9.0 then, maybe that was just cos they didn’t want the turbo cars racing 😛

charga

@pig383 wrote:

Guys this is starting to get pretty painful you all need to relax, once we see 10 to 15 cars banging on the 8.50 then it will be put up to a lower 8 ect that way we can slowly progress the class over time.
    Jw

I would just like to say thanks to Johnny W for this class and please keep up the good work once the index setup has been tested at a couple of meetings then we can see how it goes.

gazzard

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    what no 1 got any more shit to spray 8) 8)

inocnt

I am coming to spray against you boys next year 😆 😯

doz08z

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Whooofff, If Kryges comes and and plays in X275 it will really come alive….

He is the best bloke to race against……
    I miss racing him in Mod Street….The shit we used to get up to trying Syke each other out, in the pits and on the line, was hilarious…

Our bottles were almost empty and fuel almost gone because of purging our Nitrous and reving the motors, while starring at each other like we wanted to kill…. Then just before the burnout both doors would open and we’d be giving each other the big Finger…People used to look at us and shake their heads…..funny times…. 😆 😆 😆

Expect copping big fingers, being told you can’t beat him, being purged at, and then a big hug on the finish line… 😆 😆 😆

Simon is the type of guy that brings life to a class…..some big fun if he does….

Makes me want to do build one too…….Shiitt Simon…

PIT308

SHIIIIT!!! cant wait to run with a legend 😉

duncs

woohoo this class is getting better every day

NOS396

Can’t wait for this it will be good I will get to race Simon in his new car with his old car which he is currently reworking and upgrading for me at Innocent Motorsports.

gazzard

[doz08z”]:lol: 😆 😆 😆 😆

Whooofff, If Kryges comes and and plays in X275 it will really come alive….

What make it not alive now BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK 😆 😆 😆 😆 :mrgreen:

Fopar

Ryan Jones ran a 7.25@197 with his Nova on 275’s this weekend at the NMCA West event
    60′: 1.287
    1/8: 4.77@158
    goes to show just what sort of times and MPH are achieveable on that tyre. it’s a SBC 406ci with Twin 80mm turbo’s.

doz08z

Not bad hey…..
    Do we know the weight of the car Paul ????

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.