Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk x275 – is a rethink in order?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  pro380 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

farmboy410

What about the poor guys that built cars with twins.
    What do they do now?

PIT308

What if it was not a trail class and the twins got voted out? Same thing that’s racing….. better to fix the problem then to leave it be.Either way i don’t care i will still race this class.

duncs

i don’t know sfa about turbo’s, but if twins were outlawed what would stop someone building a quick single turbo set up like Khaino’s? I think it’s pretty harsh trying to outlaw anything that rolls in the gate just because it has 2 snails on it, before even looking at what it runs.

vkdave

@duncs wrote:

i don’t know sfa about turbo’s, but if twins were outlawed what would stop someone building a quick single turbo set up like Khaino’s? I think it’s pretty harsh trying to outlaw anything that rolls in the gate just because it has 2 snails on it, before even looking at what it runs.

The problem is that the twin 62mm combo has the potential to make around 200 more HP than the other setups. So if you want to be in anyway competitive you would need to run a twin turbo setup, which isn’t good for the class. The problem with trying to fix it is there is / was combos being built with this setup. To combat this without ruling out peoples TT setups the 8.5 index was brought in.

Difficult situation to rectify, either way someone will be pissed off.

GRUBEE

The fatsest car doesn’t always win.. Look at the last shootout..

duncs

@GRUBEE wrote:

The fatsest car doesn’t always win.. Look at the last shootout..

agreed, Pro street blown championship for example. Number 2 and 3 both running 8’s

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.