Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk x275 – is a rethink in order?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  pro380 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

bln355

Too many people worry about he fast the other cars are, just get out and race. I have now had a run in MSB earlier in the year and snuck into the top ten for a few months and then raced in X275 in Sydney. I was not the fastest car in the class, but still got the trophy as I was the last car still running.

There where a few OLR cars slower than X275 cars. With the writing on the wall with the poor x275 numbers I am tossing up which way to head with the current car and the new one in the build, I think I will stick with a MSB rear end, but will run with radials in OLR as I think the unlimited engine rules suit me better on a budget. I can make the power I want to make much easier and cheaper with OLR rules than I can with MSB rules.

I don’t care if I am going to be top ten fast, it’s all about how much fun it is to race in APSA events along with the Chicago Shootout system, you cannot beat it.

doz08z

So much enthusiasm and forum opinions…Yet no entries at events….. There is Nothing wrong with an 8.5 index, if the cars push the index then as if APSA would’nt move it up to a faster Number…We are just trying build it….
    Someone go’s fast, Complaints, someones car is’nt exactly to the rules, Complaints, Slow it down to make it competative, Complaints….

Doods get your X275 cars to the track…Trust your association to be doing the best for the class and for you……and have fun…
    Its designed as an in between class for blown Street cars next step up from True Street….Thats what we are trying to fill….

You wanna run Sevens….then run OLR like Khaino is, he is currently the fastest 275 car in Aus and racing against bigger radial guys…
    He just wants to have fun…..He still gets the acknowledgement for running that Tyre and 6 rounds of heads up racing…
    275 is big in the states becuase they have thousands of racers,,, in Australia we only have hundreds…..We need to cater for Australian racers…..

How many mid nine to mid eight second cars are out there that are Blown and that are still street driven but can’t fit into True Street and are to slow for Mod Street, or OLR….I bet there are heaps….

Every other APSA class is alive healthy and growing……As for x275, No support,,,then there will eventually be no class…..
    Sorry to be so blunt guys but realy these x275 forum conversations are getting old….

charga

Well said Johnny (doz08z) I really hope this class takes off I can see big things for it even with the index setup once cars start racing more and the index gets pushed then maybe revisit it. I just hope this class is still up and running for when my car gets finished 😀

PSIDUP
    Participant

can x275 make it 1 class there not enough radial cars. i am happy to go run oulaw 10.5 with radials if they let me and when everyone steps up i will come back to radial. i dont care about winning or the prize money i just want to go fast

duncs

if the class is still around next year i’ll be happy to come and support it when my car is back together (and with the bottle on), i would have loved to have raced at all meets this year but time and $$$ weren’t on my side for the last couple.

vkdave

@PSIDUP wrote:

can x275 make it 1 class there not enough radial cars. i am happy to go run outlaw 10.5 with radials if they let me and when everyone steps up i will come back to radial. i dont care about winning or the prize money i just want to go fast

It’s the same issue as the 275 cars, there is / was a bunch of guys interested in the low 8s / high 7s bracket but now have to slow their car down or run in OLR. Joe Geri is a good example, he runs in OLR because slowing the car down isn’t on their agenda. Why not let the guys that have cars / or are in the process of building them work out a set of rules that works for them, as it is a shame to see a class that had great potential disappear.

Reality is someone is going to strap a set of 325 drag radials onto a 6 second car 3/4 chassis turbo car soon enough and totally destroy OLR. Looking at the OLR top 10 I would guess that from position 4 down they are all closer to x275 cars than competitve OLR cars.

There isn’t a lack of cars to race this bracket, the first round at Willowbank showed that, but the current rules exclude a bunch of cars. Pro-street isn’t all about running 12″+ wide tyres.

I just want to make clear, this is not a whinge based on personal gain as I will be slow either way, but more based on a want to see a field of tuff street style cars getting involved in some close shootout style racing. Running 3/4 chassis big tyre cars against small tyre ‘street’ style cars isn’t good for either class and doesn’t make for a good ‘product’ for the fans.

doz08z

:roll: :roll:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it….

When is your 5 year build going to be finished ?….and are you expecting to run low 8’s or high 7’s with 275’s?
    Your car looks like its going to be a street Car, lucky to run high 8’s to me…..Perfect for current rules….
    Hurry up finish and support the Class….and these things can be discussed when we have more than three x275 entrants at events…

vkdave

@doz08z wrote:

When is your 5 year build going to be finished ?….and are you expecting to run low 8’s or high 7’s with 275’s?
    Your car looks like its going to be a street Car, lucky to run high 8’s to me…..Perfect for current rules….
    Hurry up finish and support the Class….and these things can be discussed when we have more than three x275 entrants at events…

I think you have missed the point, I doubt you will get a decent turnout on the current rules. I have been clear that the rules don’t effect me directly, given the current setup will be lucky to push a high 8 once sorted, but would love to see a well supported class. x275 will be dead under the current rules by the end of next year.

Car will be done for shootouts in QLD next year, decided to repaint it after just missing the shootouts last year 😉 Things take time when you are doing as much as you can yourself

bln355

@PSIDUP wrote:

can x275 make it 1 class there not enough radial cars. i am happy to go run oulaw 10.5 with radials if they let me and when everyone steps up i will come back to radial. i dont care about winning or the prize money i just want to go fast

Pazzo I’m happy to run in OLR against you, that way I will get the best seat in the house watching you tear down the strip. I’m warming to the idea of the OLR rules, keen to unlimited turbo sizing.

pig383

@vkdave wrote:

@doz08z wrote:

I think you have missed the point, I doubt you will get a decent turnout on the current rules. I have been clear that the rules don’t effect me directly, given the current setup will be lucky to push a high 8 once sorted, but would love to see a well supported class. x275 will be dead under the current rules by the end of next year.

Car will be done for shootouts in QLD next year, decided to repaint it after just missing the shootouts last year 😉 Things take time when you are doing as much as you can yourself

I think what johnny is trying to say is why should we bother having the 2 classes when only a couple of cars turn up to race, we bought this class in to give the budget racer a class to race
    and to fill the gap between true street and mod street the problem was we got F####d over on the twin turbo ruling where it was no way on par with single turbos hence why we had a car run a 7 at the 2nd round, bar 1 other car the rest were running high 8s and low 9s thats why we bought in the 8.50 cut off.
    X275 is a major headache no matter where in the world you are, you only have to look at yellow bullet to see all the whinging thats happening its ridiculous.
    I think these are your choices and maybe il put up a pole to gauge by.
    1 scrap X275 and just have outlaw radial
    2 keep X275 but get rid of twin turbos and just run singles and get rid of the cut off.
    3 leave it as it is with the 8.50 cut off.
    jw

bln355

@pig383 wrote:

I think what johnny is trying to say is why should we bother having the 2 classes when only a couple of cars turn up to race, we bought this class in to give the budget racer a class to race
    and to fill the gap between true street and mod street the problem was we got F####d over on the twin turbo ruling where it was no way on par with single turbos hence why we had a car run a 7 at the 2nd round, bar 1 other car the rest were running high 8s and low 9s thats why we bought in the 8.50 cut off.
    X275 is a major headache no matter where in the world you are, you only have to look at yellow bullet to see all the whinging thats happening its ridiculous.
    I think these are your choices and maybe il put up a pole to gauge by.
    1 scrap X275 and just have outlaw radial
    2 keep X275 but get rid of twin turbos and just run singles and get rid of the cut off.
    3 leave it as it is with the 8.50 cut off.
    jw

jw, good points you have made, how about we leave the rules in place, but if there is not a full field of 8 x275 cars at an event the class is not run and the cars have to either run in OLR and or swap to slicks and run MSB. It unfair to you guys and the guys at the track trying to mess around with a 3 or 4 car field and trying to run them alongside OLR and then seeding the, with OLR.

Could we run 275 radials tyres in MSB?

farmboy410

I think just have one radial class but run more like a proper Chicago shootout format.
    The two cars with the most wins and with the 3 rounds of racing with the most consistent times go into the final.
    This would give slower cars more of a chance to be in the final.
    Then there is other variations like splitting the fields like fast eight V’s slow eight etc.
    Try to think about the sport rather than your car being number 1

vkdave

I think 1 radial class makes sense, but which way do you go, keep it wide open or put a set of rules in place to slow it down? Makes it awkward given someone will be pissed no matter what direction you go.

Khaino

Someone will always be pissed off mate,thats how it is 😆 😆
    Get your car done & come race with the trailer tyre boys.

envi9

OLR is awesome, minimal rules = less wingers, and no lining up for scrutineering 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.