Hey guys I dont think our rules for this class quite resemble the NHRA…seen as every other class is getting hammered with weight breaks we may as well go all out…so here is the weights as they run in NHRA 10.5 Outlaw…
O/L, preceded by car number.
Weight / Engine Combos
All weights are minimums. SB = Small Block, BB = Big Block.
A. Naturally Aspirated
1. SB no minimum weight.
2. BB no minimum weight.
B. Nitrous Oxide
1. SB 2300 lbs. minimum weight.
2. BB 4.840 & 4.900 Bore Center 2600 lbs. minimum weight.
3. BB 5.00 Bore Center 2700 lbs. minimum weight.
4. BB 5.20 & 5.30 Bore Center 2800 lbs. minimum weight.
C. Forced Induction
1. Single Turbo SB up to 108mm 2600 lbs./ BB 2700 lbs.
2. Single Turbo SB over 108mm 2700 lbs. / BB 2800 lbs.
3. Twin Turbo up to 94mm SB 2800lbs. / BB 3000 lbs.
4. Twin Turbo larger then 94mm SB 2900 lbs. / BB 3100 lbs.
5. Centrifugal Superchargers SB 2600 lbs. / BB 2800 lbs.
6. Twin Centrifugal Superchargers SB 2800 lbs. / BB 3000 lbs.
7. Roots Supercharger SB 2600 lbs. / BB 2800 lbs.
8. “D” Rotor Screw Supercharger 3000 lbs. Max O.D. 110%.
Max bore spacing on all forced induction at above weights is 5″.
Any forced induction over 5.00 bore spacing add 100 lbs.
Max cubic inch on all forced induction entries is 700 cid.
Max turbo size 108mm on 5″ bore spacing (twins).
Max turbo size 94mm on 5.300 bore spacing (twins).
Alcohol on NON intercooled cars only.
4 & 6 cylinder alcohol & intercooler permitted. No minimum weight