Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk TSB – rear seats

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  farmboy410 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

vkdave

I’m just about to start trimming the interior in my VK, and really don’t like the idea of jamming a rear seat in between the cage. Is the rule likely to change in the short term? If it is, i will just bodgy one up for racing in the short term, if not then i will make a pretty one that won’t ever get used.

Not trying to be a pain in the arse, but its going to be a pain in my arse trimming a rear seat to go around 4 legs of my cage :mrgreen:

LC-4540

VK,

Trim the seat, it is unlikely to change.

6BOOST

Can you just mod plate the car as a 2 seater? Both road legal and would save you making a rear seat, not sure if its ok with the committee tho 😉

@6BOOST wrote:

Can you just mod plate the car as a 2 seater? Both road legal and would save you making a rear seat, not sure if its ok with the committee tho 😉

no no and double no there would hardly then be any difference between tsb and msb appearance wise as far as im concerned its already borderline some of these tsb cars are just purposely built race cars thats not what the class is about

vkdave

@LC-4540 wrote:

VK,

Trim the seat, it is unlikely to change.

Thanks. Will do.

vkdave

@anarcy racing wrote:

@6BOOST wrote:

no no and double no there would hardly then be any difference between tsb and msb appearance wise as far as im concerned its already borderline some of these tsb cars are just purposely built race cars thats not what the class is about

mines a grocery getter

6BOOST

@anarcy racing wrote:

@6BOOST wrote:

I am neither here nor there on the matter so in no way is my suggestion argumentative, but having triangulated bars in the rear of the car actually makes it illegal to have a back seat anyway, so technically your making it an ILLEGAL street car in having the back seat and not mod plating it a 2 seater. However having something trimmed that just velcro’s in there would make it look like a proper seat and weight SFA and could be taken out on the street, so really doesn’t matter either way I guess 😀

6BOOST

11nos

TSB doesn’t need to be rego’d or mod plated. But needs full interior.

Copied from rule page:

8.2 All vehicles be fitted with full street interior trim. Including front and rear seats, door trims etc.

vkdave

I get that, was just hoping that the rule is changing. 😀

Like Kyle, not arguing, just clarifying 😆

6BOOST

😯 😆

greenhj

to add to this, and maybe reduce the chances of a potential shitfight when the rule is “interpreted” by a racer…

Does the rear seat have to be “functional” as in someone could sit on it, however uncomfortable it may be?

Or:

Would a thin arsed ply/aluminium/fibreglass “shell” with some material glued to it that “looks” like a rear seat be considered enough to satisfy the “intent” of the rule?

you just know that someone will try the second option at some point 😆

duncs

like a milk crate? 😆

fungoo

Just a quick one, for true St Blown, do i need the interior sunvisors in my car,…………., if i do need them, does anyone have any issues with them not being covered, (that is just the foam uncovered) as i am trying to save some wieght……….. 😆 😆 😆 😆

vkdave

I questioned the sense in ripping all the sound deadner out of my VK about halfway through the job the other week, i should have gone for a jog instead

at least the car doesn’t stink inside anymore :mrgreen:

6BOOST

@vkdave wrote:

I questioned the sense in ripping all the sound deadner out of my VK about halfway through the job the other week, i should have gone for a jog instead

at least the car doesn’t stink inside anymore :mrgreen:

Dry ice is your friend :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.