Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build TSB 100% street driven VL Calais

This topic contains 45 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  FRY747 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

PRO840

No blow thru gives me control of the tune not some compter nerd.Can make big power on them too.

FRY747

some shots there, but nothing too exciting, started a new job at work so been flat out with that and the kids 😛

thanks for the votes lol. efi seems better for the fact i know f all about carby’s but seeing the power that some mild setups have been making has made me curious and keen to give it a go.

any insight to these carby’s? ive seen alot of C&S and CSU ones used in the states, they seem to be the go. just dont know much about them. plus i want to try and keep it under bonnet to keep it sleeper :)

envi9

c and s for methanol,

csu for petrol

and be sure to use a EV pro series hat

FRY747

thanks for the reply mate.

whats the tuning like in bt carbs? cos its a streeter i dont want it to be a pig either. or ill just stay with efi

envi9

i had to jet my primary jets down about 4 sizes for street driving, otherwise everything else was the same, it was a sweet cruiser . Ignition and timing retard with msd 7531

FRY747

due to family and work commitments i havent had much time to work on the vl. decided to give Jake, from Jakes Performance a call and get some info and advice on setup.

found myself a holley 650 dp sb to send to him to be modified for blow thru, tracking down some ignition bits, dual plain manifold and currently sorting out a hot side arrangement. altho the car will be hitting the streets soon with a cammed inj 5L for some cruising while i wait for the rest of the parts to get in. miss driving it, its been without an engine for nearly 2mths now lol. might try my luck with some gas on the strip just to see what it can do if i can.

FRY747

lost motivation with this project atm. need some motivation lol anyone wanna mail me some? :)

FRY747

got myself a xmas present from the local scrap yard :) … new heart for the project…

114k on the clock, looks pretty clean so i think itll be right :)

need to get my hands on some steel to make crossmembers and mounts tho if anyone has any contacts 😳

vkdave

tuff mounts do mounts to suit an LS1 into a commodore if you want a shortcut, nicely made mounts although I had to adjust mine to fit

I wish i had of gone the lsx route now, given how much power people are making with pretty simple iron block setups

FRY747

ah right, not the best but then again, no everything fits perfect. my mate is using them tuff mounts on his vl ls1. for the money, not really worth it id say in a sense. gunna make my own when i find the materials lol.

yeah thats it, i was planning on 304ci, with just a cam, studs and blow thru with the s400 but when you get offered good money for a running motor, you take it and i found this ls1 the same day lol. must of ment to be.

down the track im sure you will find one 😉

FRY747

small update on this banger…

have been slowly getting bits together for the turbo setup, got myself a set of cast manifolds to cut and v band, afew more small bits i had missing from the ls1 and got myself a spool for the diff.

just sold the rails i bought for it, a friend of mine made a good offer on them so i sold them. now sorting out to go carby and get some hsv headers to mod to fit it for n/a, so i can do afew shows with it while i wait for more money and parts.

looking at getting victor jnr, msd 6010 box and wiring loom from summit, just postage is killer on it but still $200 cheaper than buying here in Oz, i would buy here but budget isnt that big so i save where i can.

pic of vl on way to and at new place…

if anyone can help me out with a 750 4779 holley carb, that would be awesome :)

cheers

Steve

DRDETH

I hope you are going to keep it injected Steve
    Jason

PRO R1

Watch out for the handling fee for international orders from summit.

FRY747

@DRDETH wrote:

I hope you are going to keep it injected Steve
    Jason

Nah, no inj this time. Go carb with it and get abit more hands on :-)

FRY747

@PRO R1 wrote:

Watch out for the handling fee for international orders from summit.

Cheers. Been trying to find out if anyone been shafted with fees on decent orders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.