Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM ARCHIVES CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2012, CLOSED True Street Discussions transbrakes n pump fuel ….out or in …………

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  08AIN 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

BADSLE

Hi All, as it says ,,,

last time we discussed true street these were discussed a bit …but nothing came of em ….what are your thoughts on the 2 ,,,

my take is that neither are streetable ,,,,so why are they in true street ..

nos598

Chris our trans has a transbrake ,been in the car just on ten years and done plenty street miles.We don’t use it however as we footbrake but it was the only way of getting a reverse pattern shift.On the pump fuel deal a lot of race fuels are unleaded and considered pump and it becomes very hard to police who is using what fuels.The same fuel is available to everyone ,whether they elect to use it is their decision.

BADSLE

true that mate , with reverse pattern ,, ,,im lookin into e85 anyways so prolly an advantage over std pump unleaded …just thought id raise it for everyone …see the opinions out there and where we are heading ,,,,i got 13+ comp now so it no skin off me mate ,,haha

82law

I’m all for pump fuel only as your well aware by now!! pump fuel not unleaded race fuel!!! the smell is pretty distinct on most fuels!!! show receipts?? just a thought??

conrodv111
    Participant

Get you cars to the track first,
    Join in the fun, enjoy the racing,
    Fuel makes no difference to you being competative,
    Who cares what fuel you run. You tune your engine to your fuel anyway. My car goes slower when I transbrake it.
    So I dont care if you run a transbrake why even bother voting on it.
    I run 50/50 mix drum and pump unleaded. LEGAL FOR THE STREET.
    Lets me crank up the timing a bit at the track and gives a marging of safety for the motor.

NICK

nos598

i have to agree with Nick .

82law

car is at the track plenty thanks Nick….
    I understand transbrakes come with manual valve bodies so no issue for me.
    I just believe pump fuel is a cost saver and is true street..
    your dreaming if it doesn’t boost power…

PINKBITS

Which car was yours ?
    Which APSA shootout were you at?

bln355

Pump fuel might sound like it saves a few $$ but better engine reliability from the improved octane of race fuel makes the extra cost worth it.

With any of these rule changes that people boast will improve numbers have to remember that they may turn away people already racing and making the numbers in the current fields. Any rule change that is supposed to help improve numbers by bringing along new cars to a class needs to be not at the detriment of people already racing at the APSA events. Don’t want to existing racers move away from the current classes.

conrodv111
    Participant

I have to agree with Bln 355.

Nick

Mr. Cve
    Participant

I agree with Nick, who agrees with Bln355 !

82law

silver Vk and been to queensland rounds last 3 yrs…
    there is no intention of turning anyone already racing away..I find it hard to believe people wouldn’t race cus of pump fuel..
    the outcome won’t bother me either way cus pump fuel is in my budget and that’s what I’ll run and keep flogging my poor old Holden !! 😀

The class is strong regardless and the numbers will be there either way.. I just feel pump fuel for street cars.. but that’s my opinion and that’s all..

BADSLE

I woulda been out at an apsa meet by now…but have had a shit run with box n then motor…which both.broke at the track whilst having plenty of fun….if I was worried about being competitive in true street good chance I wouldnt be runnin a pump fuel 308 …..just sayin

Chris

bluetori383

I really don’t understand how u can call a car that uses race fuel a “street car” or a “true street car”.
    How many of the “Top 10” are using pump fuel in the “True Street” category?!?!?!

nos598

@bluetori383 wrote:

I really don’t understand how u can call a car that uses race fuel a “street car” or a “true street car”.
    How many of the “Top 10” are using pump fuel in the “True Street” category?!?!?!

We have a car in the top ten and when we built the engine we dynoed on 98 and race fuel.Our car uses 98 at events like powercruise , summernats car club runs etc.I elect to use unleaded race fuel when racing because of the safety factor of being able to lean on it a bit harder and consistency.I can assure you i couldnt afford to drive hundreds of klm on good fuel but i am happy to use less than 20 lt for a race meeting to protect my investment .Come for a hundred klm drive with us ,or idle around the traffic in summernats with a skid or two if you want on bp 98 .The fuel i can tell you didnt make a huge performance difference in our case as we have only a bit over 11 to 1 comp .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘True Street Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.