Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM Technical Section Trans Restrictions For True Street

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pistolpete 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BARNSEY
    Participant

Hi Guys, As the title states I am putting a new car together. I was building the car for super stock but I do miss pro street racing since selling my old OLR car. So my question is can I run a G-Force GF-5R clutch less 5 speed with single disc cluth in true street as there is nothing in the Rule section except for trans brakes premited.
    The car is a HT 4 Door with a very small 286 cube Buick headed SBC, this engine makes no tourque so an Auto is out of the question. If someone could please Help that will make my build direction easier.

Thanks Barnsey

pistolpete

I think that the True Street class is aimed and meant for the Purest types of Street cars with the least amount of modifications to the actual car and engine swaps/types etc, in all of the APSA classes.

There has been much discussion about bringing this class closer to True Street cars, so allowing a pure racing style transmission in this type of class would be out of the realms of the rules intended.

Lets perhaps get some views of the people like Tocca, or Janelle, Dean McMahon, and some of the other regulars…

Pete.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.