Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM Technical Section Tranbrakes and Radials

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  FRY747 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

vkdave

all we need now is a technical discussion about the rules :mrgreen:

👿

doz08z

$100k on my thing will leave you gagging Habib.

Dood you would’nt know where to start……Get a car to the track and race first before ya open ya mouth,,, Bloody Forum racer… 😆 😆

P.S. Love you Habib.

Told you, you were gay…..

all jokes mate…

Love ya back ( not gay) … 😆 😆 😆

Ps; Sorry to Hijak the thread guys…..Adrian is being a smartarse, I had to bite back…

6BOOST

What are you using for timing control Dave? A digital 7 has more functions than you can poke a stick at, including 2 step, 3 step and slew rates for traction control of basic sorts. Most guys running blow thru carby use this setup, have a 2 step on the footbrake so it holds say 3000rpm into pre stage, then once you’ve bumped the first stage for 3-4seconds you should have a moderate amount of boost on the footbrake 2step and bump into full stage, where the first 2 step disengages and a “3 step” of say 4000rpm is engaged on the transbrake. This all ensures you have no lag time trying to get up on the converter on a pro tree in full stage.

With a digital 7 and an eboost you can do some pretty trick stuff for some pretty simple gear, you will however need these components as a minimum if you really want the tunability to go quick on the small radial, just make sure you have someone switched on helping you with them 😉

6BOOST

Darth Vader

[ Good advice for everyone except Dave who, as we all know, has nuthin’. ;-)[/quote]

Poor Dave!!

6Boost;
    I didn’t want to give him that much info, I might have to race him when I finish my TSB car. Will have to convert to Jedi mind tricks now.

Regards
    Vader

HDT275

@6BOOST wrote:

With a digital 7 and an eboost you can do some pretty trick stuff for some pretty simple gear,
    6BOOST

I am Sure that MSD and Turbosmart would not be impressed hearing their TOP electronic componants being called “some pretty simple gear” . :roll:

vkdave

Thanks Kyle, gives me a good sense of what I need to do get the big fat arse on the turbo singing, an old $400 bog warmer s400 with the T6 rear :p

I am running and e-boost and a MSD 6al2 programmable, which has many of the same functions as the 7al, the only one I know that it doesn’t have is slew control, but I am sure that there are more. That being said, boost + e85 could see a switch to a 7al at some point, if the candles go out.

I am just about to start wiring the car, is there anything that I should know about setting up the e-boost with the 6al2? Will be interesting to look at times vs. info out of the data logger to see what RPM points work for the car. This thread has got me wondering if I need to log throttle position too?

It’s all going to be a bit of a learning curve as this is the first car with more than 400hp I have played with, and first turbo car. I am fully expecting the first 12 months to be pretty big it terms of testing to get it anywhere near full potential.

vkdave

p.s. Habib, continue with the hijack, very funny stuff :)

farmboy410

Transbrakes and radials the guys in the states do break stuff trans mainly due to the weight and big blocks i’ve broken 3trans and don’t run much boost 22 real psi but like khain said talk to ten people and get ten answers but if your car is light it is so much easier to get down the track good boost controller with co2 and knowledge yell out if you need help i get you straightened out

vkdave

Thanks.

Can you rig CO2 up with the e-boost, or is it a AMS1000 only deal?

6BOOST

@force8 wrote:

@6BOOST wrote:

With a digital 7 and an eboost you can do some pretty trick stuff for some pretty simple gear,
    6BOOST

I am Sure that MSD and Turbosmart would not be impressed hearing their TOP electronic componants being called “some pretty simple gear” . :roll:

I’m sure they would love to hear that I think their products are “simple”, simple to set up, simple to use, effective and do 90% of the job of products 10x as complex to set up and best utilize their functions. Sorry if my statement was to simple to understand :roll:

6BOOST

6BOOST

@vkdave wrote:

Thanks.

Can you rig CO2 up with the e-boost, or is it a AMS1000 only deal?

And yes the Eboost is nothing more than a duty cycle control, so can be used with Co2 no probs, however I think it is overkill for your goals, we never had an issue with boost control in any part of the racetrack without it.

6BOOST

vkdave

Cool, won’t worry about it then

vkdave

Oh, while your here, any reason to upgrade to a 4 way mac valve for the e-boost?

6BOOST

Yes it gives you a much broader boost range. 3 port always has full pressure to the bottom of the gate, and adds pressure to the top to attain desired boost pressure. The 4 port takes boost away from the bottom while adding to the top, allowing a lower spring pressure to obtain much higher total boost numbers. This is a must have especially on a radial car that may need 5psi to leave the line and still want over 20psi down the track 😉

6BOOST

HDT275

agreed the 4 port has a more capable and reliable boost outcome its a must.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.