Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM Technical Section Tranbrakes and Radials

This topic contains 35 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  FRY747 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

vkdave

I was planning on running a transbrake on my radial shod, small tyred VK. What is worrying me is trying to bring my turbo up on to boost at the line and transbrake plus the two-step was going to be my way of doing this.

Adrian (a.k.a. the ricer :p) keeps pointing out that radials and transbrakes are bad news and are a quick way to ensure driveline dramas.

What are others experiences.

I’m not really overjoyed with the though of trying to spool the car up on the footbrake.

Transbrake it but set the two-step low to start with and up it each time till you’re right on the edge of breaking traction at launch. That’s where you’ll be the quickest. Alternatively, set it high and wind it back in until you stop blazing them. You’ll be right, Dave. Just don’t be a skirt.

col palmer

or you can just bolt some slicks on it ………..save the radials for the trailer

vkdave

nah, the 70s are over, radials are where its at :p

col palmer

young bloody wippersnappers have all the answers 😆

Darth Vader

VKDave;
    Unsure why Transbrakes & radials don’t work, I would definately question that statement.
    Look at the fastest & quickest 1/8th Radial cars
    Dillard & Fiscus use the transbrake in full stage, they have over 3000hp & don’t destroy anything, you will see all the quick runners stage the same.
    Set your 2 step as Adrian has recommended.
    Bring up on boost on foot brake.
    Roll into full stage & transbrake.

I found the track conditions to be critical when trying to hold the car on the footbrake.
    Adjust 2 step accordingly, may also need to look at your boost control as you leave the line.

Regards
    Vader.

Darth, you’ve clarified something I realise I was being too general about. A transbrake by itself that is allowed to let the car see whatever revs, boost, etc it wants to on the line is a bad approach. That was my initial suggestion and why I followed it up with the two-step suggestion. You nailed it, thank you. Good advice for everyone except Dave who, as we all know, has nuthin’. 😉

doz08z

OR…you could just put the bottle on and have instant power on demand also save your auto from cooking, rather than waiting for boost, spool or whatever else you turbo teddies call it……….waiting for Boost pffff :roll: :roll:

Bottle Cars, “First to the Sixes”….yeahhh!!! 😉 8) 8)

Goodbye running now….

col palmer

thank christ it had a big tyre on it or all you small tyre , to-foo eating , overpowered rollerskate girls would never shut up about it ……..

now where is my flak jacket

@doz08z wrote:

OR…you could just put the bottle on and have instant power on demand also save your auto from cooking, rather than waiting for boost, spool or whatever else you turbo teddies call it……….waiting for Boost pffff :roll: :roll:

Bottle Cars, “First to the Sixes”….yeahhh!!! 😉 8) 8)

Goodbye running now….

Po Tung uses nitrous that way and he smoked you into last week, pal. :-)

PO TUNG’D!

Khaino

@vkdave wrote:

I was planning on running a transbrake on my radial shod, small tyred VK. What is worrying me is trying to bring my turbo up on to boost at the line and transbrake plus the two-step was going to be my way of doing this.

Adrian (a.k.a. the ricer :p) keeps pointing out that radials and transbrakes are bad news and are a quick way to ensure driveline dramas.

What are others experiences.

I’m not really overjoyed with the though of trying to spool the car up on the footbrake.

Mate you can ask 10 different people & get 10 differant answers.Go & test yourself youll be right cheers Khain

doz08z

Po Tung uses nitrous that way and he smoked you into last week, pal. PO TUNG’D!

Only the fastest 2J Supra in the southern hemisphere :roll: …..Pfff and still popped it running against the trusty reliable (no 10 in Aus Mod street).. V8….
    Don’t think he smoked me into last week, but it was a convincing win I will admit, even though the head gasket was hangin out at the end of the run, that car is a credit to him…
    What was that remark for anyway, are you still cut from when I left you like you were standing still in your exotic hundred k Nissan shitbox at the Street Car superstars, remember that 😆 😆 😉 … Is that your only come back…..Bloody gaylord…..
    He still had to use Nitrous did’nt he thats my point 😆 😆 , 10 second Nissan boy….. 😉 😉 8) 😆 😆

col palmer

i must be getting really old………just did the mcgoogle thingy on po tung supra , thats one tough ricer . 😀

vkdave

this thread has plenty of lol.

@Adrian Hodgson wrote:

Good advice for everyone except Dave who, as we all know, has nuthin’. 😉

Adrian, im coming for you. Your best bet will be to sell the tampon before I come down and whip you so hard you will need vagasil to feel right again

@doz08z wrote:

Po Tung uses nitrous that way and he smoked you into last week, pal. PO TUNG’D!

Only the fastest 2J Supra in the southern hemisphere :roll: …..Pfff and still popped it running against the trusty reliable (no 10 in Aus Mod street).. V8….
    Don’t think he smoked me into last week, but it was a convincing win I will admit, even though the head gasket was hangin out at the end of the run, that car is a credit to him…
    What was that remark for anyway, are you still cut from when I left you like you were standing still in your exotic hundred k Nissan shitbox at the Street Car superstars, remember that 😆 😆 😉 … Is that your only come back…..Bloody gaylord…..
    He still had to use Nitrous did’nt he thats my point 😆 😆 , 10 second Nissan boy….. 😉 😉 8) 😆 😆

$100k on my thing will leave you gagging Habib. Head gasket hanging out? It’s raced at 3 meetings, won two and reset the track and national record at the other one.

Inconsistent? Please.

Only one of you was still there on the Sunday of the Nitros.

P.S. Love you Habib.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.