This topic contains 41 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  QuickBitz 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

doz08z

Hi guys personal physical threats and attacks to each other is not good for our sport…..
    I have deleted the comments that have nothing to do with the subject…
    Always bad when we don’t all work together….

Back to the subject…

We do run as ANDRA sanctioned…..So I have to agree this will need to be addressed.
    Really at the end of the day we run by ANDRA so it should not be outlawed….

Also if we have to train our Delegates to find them then so be it….

It is hard to police but we might have no choice….Yep Can of worms…

greenhj

@LC-4540 wrote:

@greenhj wrote:
    my heavy shitbox with not enough hp will fit x275, at least thats the plan.

Im starting to think about ignitions and a 7531 would be nice but according to andra its got TC capability and isnt legal, the version of the 7 series box that is acceptable is more expensive and comes with a TCD output to show if the TC was activated during a pass.

I give no fark for andra so i wanted to know if those rules applied to APSA meets also.

It could affect every class which is why it was a general question rather than a class specific one and i figured it was worth asking.

Hey Green HJ

MSD 7531 is not a traction controll and is legal in all ANDRA classes.

Hazy

gday mate,

i was told otherwise by a vic DD some time ago after a formal enquiry, and had it confirmed by someone from a different state (cant remember if they were a DD or somesuch at the time)

Would it be worth one of you “important” guys finding out for sure (unless you already know for certain, in that case im happy to stand corrected)

thanks,
    Phill

NXGEN

Well msd does have a traction control detector!And speaking to davies not that hard to detect one of there units either,so i guess its not that hard to police i guess if we are to stop it we need to get serious in how to deal with people that do get caught with em if andra does not allow them why should apsa, all other rules are based of andra rulings and we all built our cars around it!Ali

@NXGEN wrote:

Well msd does have a traction control detector!And speaking to davies not that hard to detect one of there units either,so i guess its not that hard to police i guess if we are to stop it we need to get serious in how to deal with people that do get caught with em if andra does not allow them why should apsa, all other rules are based of andra rulings and we all built our cars around it!Ali

gotta agree with that the penalties if caught using it are harsh under andra rules

duncs

I’m with you anarcy, if we allow it, first time an APSA racer rolls into a Test n’ tune, track championship, nationals etc. an ANDRA steward wanting to broadcast their authority (yes, some are like that) is going to be straight at your car going over it with a fine tooth comb as soon as they get wind that we allow it.

Darth Vader

To reiterate JW’s comment, APSA follow the ANDRA safety regulations, not ANDRA governing rules which limit certain technology for group racing. And thats how it should be. Traction control will make you more consistant on a marginal track. Would you prefer to break loose, potentially losing control of the car & swiping the guard rail or worse?

Too hard to police & is everyone going to be forthcoming in allowing Delegates to look at MSD data?

Man I am glad I run in an Outlaw Class.

Vader.

i may be wrong but as our shootouts are andra sanctioned means we are bound by thier rules If thats the case then i feel we cant allow any form of reactive tc unless you want to risk the real possibility of at least 12mths as a spectator Just as in dry sumps its an easy fix for the inability to tune your combo to get down the track Its not like we run on marginal tracks The tracks have been great at the last 6 shootouts ive raced at

pig383

Just andra for safety H, don’t be concerned about traction control half the field already has it mate so who cares…

doz08z

Lets look at it a different way

Lets not address it and make it an issue…It will open up a scrutineering nightmare for us guys…

Maybe we should Leave things as they are……BUT, if you run the risk of running traction control at an ANDRA sanctioned event “and you get caught”,
    Then it will be your Problem and your out of the event..APSA wont be able help,
    We are insured under ANDRA saftey regs and pay for ANDRA sanction at most of our events, its ANDRA that checks the cars for kind of thing, not us.

This will just add another twist to our racing and let slower guys in with a chance to win….
    Just like the old days on the street, if you got defected by the police, it was your problem, the association can’t help.
    Lets leave it as is….

GRUBEE

Is there anyone dominating in any class in APSA that is using traction control?????

doz08z

@GRUBEE wrote:

Is there anyone dominating in any class in APSA that is using traction control?????

From the reports I’m getting it actually just makes the car more consistant but slower than chasing it on a good track….
    So no performance advantage on a good track rather the opposite…but maybe slightly better on a bad track….So there is a bit of both but nothing major.
    Thats sounds like it makes things safer to me….
    Anyway I reckon most of the new Turbo cars have it, what are we gonna do…Its just technology, let it be….

QuickBitz

its all about power management, at the end of the day dont want to offend anyone but if u need a davies u dont know what your doing! simple!
    With digital MSD u can emulate traction control very very easy in many ways. without even having an external box and with TCD flashing. Very hard to police. I know that we dont need it or want it. What for u are only cheating yourself. learn your car, learn your ecu or ign system, learn you boost control and you can hold ur head high with pride!

if u want to use it use it, but show it! no need to hide unless ur ashamed??

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2012, CLOSED’ is closed to new topics and replies.