This topic contains 41 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  QuickBitz 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

greenhj

@GRUBEE wrote:

@greenhj wrote:
    im not sooking (for a change i suppose) and i dont particularly care one way or another.

Id rather see it finally clarified which is why i asked.

What class do race in?

Why does it matter?

GRUBEE

@greenhj wrote:

@GRUBEE wrote:
    @greenhj wrote:
    im not sooking (for a change i suppose) and i dont particularly care one way or another.

What class do race in?

Why does it matter?

Obviously not a class that affects you

greenhj

my heavy shitbox with not enough hp will fit x275, at least thats the plan.

Im starting to think about ignitions and a 7531 would be nice but according to andra its got TC capability and isnt legal, the version of the 7 series box that is acceptable is more expensive and comes with a TCD output to show if the TC was activated during a pass.

I give no fark for andra so i wanted to know if those rules applied to APSA meets also.

It could affect every class which is why it was a general question rather than a class specific one and i figured it was worth asking.

OSS383
    Participant

@doz08z wrote:

At the end of the day I am impartial, I ‘m justing steering..my personal opinion means nothing and usually am with the majority…
    If you, “our members” wan’t this to go to vote…..Then I can put it to the committee and see what they say….

Traction devices IN or OUT ???….We need input from more racers so we can get idea of what you want to do…
    Now is the time to do it because it is rule vote time and it affects all of us….I know alot of guys are using it…
    So lets see….

I didnt see whinging, I read the above from Johnny H and he asked for input from more racers 😐 anyway there is a special whingers section 😀

Anonymous

I have three forms of traction control, two of them are electronically controlled the last is mechanical (my right foot), if the rules are changed i will remove the first two otherwise i will be using them, one of the benefits of running a EFI car-pri.

BENT 8

It is what it is, traction control is a good idea if it’s there set loosely away from your DRPM for the safety factor to catch any serious wheelspin. But let’s face it those Davis units are there for one thing, to go faster………spin it how you like, they are self learning and work to keep wheelspeed optimal and keep you going faster and faster (to a point) as you pour the coals to it.
    Personally I dont care either way, as the guys have enough on there plate without having to try and police TC

col palmer

@GRUBEE wrote:

@greenhj wrote:

What class do race in?

loaded gun question looking for a blue .
    i’ll just remind you not to vote at the next federal election unless you are a paid member of the particular party you plan to vote for .
    the guy has the right to ask a simple question 😉

GRUBEE

@OSS383 wrote:

@doz08z wrote:

At the end of the day I am impartial, I ‘m justing steering..my personal opinion means nothing and usually am with the majority…
    If you, “our members” wan’t this to go to vote…..Then I can put it to the committee and see what they say….

Traction devices IN or OUT ???….We need input from more racers so we can get idea of what you want to do…
    Now is the time to do it because it is rule vote time and it affects all of us….I know alot of guys are using it…
    So lets see….

I didnt see whinging, I read the above from Johnny H and he asked for input from more racers 😐 anyway there is a special whingers section :D[/qu
    Yeah i can see that. Use it

GRUBEE

@col palmer wrote:

@GRUBEE wrote:
    @greenhj wrote:

What class do race in?

i’ll just remind you not to vote at the next federal election unless you are a paid member of the particular party you plan to vote for .

Thanks for your input

personaly i say no to reactive tc as if caught using it at an andra sanctioned event its a minimum 12mth suspension Are apsa events andra sanctioned?
    it is extremely hard to police thats a problem if it isnt allowed
    bottom line put it to a vote and see what happens however if our events are in fact andra sanctioned its a big risk to take allowing it that is my only reason for saying no

GRUBEE

@col palmer wrote:

@GRUBEE wrote:
    @greenhj wrote:

What class do race in?

Forgot to ask. What class do you race in???

pro68camaro

How about simply policing the top 10 cars?

If you are quick enough to enter a national top 10 list you would/should allow an APSA delegate to crawl all over the car

Is this easier to police and perhaps the limit the goal posts from stretching by cheating with traction aids?

col palmer

i race in whatever goddam class i want to race in .
    at the moment i race in keyboard blown …….what class are you in again ? the name dont ring a bell to me

inocnt

Turbo and Blown cars dont need them at all they dont make power to turn the tyres 😆 😈

LC-4540

@greenhj wrote:

my heavy shitbox with not enough hp will fit x275, at least thats the plan.

Im starting to think about ignitions and a 7531 would be nice but according to andra its got TC capability and isnt legal, the version of the 7 series box that is acceptable is more expensive and comes with a TCD output to show if the TC was activated during a pass.

I give no fark for andra so i wanted to know if those rules applied to APSA meets also.

It could affect every class which is why it was a general question rather than a class specific one and i figured it was worth asking.

Hey Green HJ

MSD 7531 is not a traction controll and is legal in all ANDRA classes.

Hazy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2012, CLOSED’ is closed to new topics and replies.