This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  doz08z 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

doz08z

The committe discussed maybe putting this to members and getting opinions….

Personally I think it’ll help the blown cars keep up with the new Technology Turbo cars….and make for some parity…

PSB is a becoming a 6 second class anyway…..Your thoughts???

col palmer

yes

baz434

Big yes, 😀

Have a look at link below .. George Separovich PSI sbc LJ at Motorplex 2011 running 7.65 … looks like a pro streeter to me

PSS400

YES

tonneroffun

Yes

S10406

more cars the better.. so, yes from me.. as long as thay stay in the other lane thou.. 😆

PROGPA

Would we put a minimum weight on these car and limit the boost

Blownshotgun

Would this allow Franks nova in?

baz434

@PROGPA wrote:

Would we put a minimum weight on these car and limit the boost

It would be good to see a new power add, but no PS/B racer wants to see PSI cars create an unfair advantage, so limiting over drive makes a very good point, until we at least see what the black belts are capable of. And to police is as easy as counting pulley teeth.

And as far as weights go extra power add extra weight , is only fare . But lets not discourage any one how is racing or currently building a car, buy having to add a ridicules amount, the weights now,, as the current rules are written ,,,work!!!

Say for a S/B go 2700lbs and B/B go 2900, but limit over drive, until the ASPA committee have a reference point to work off,,,, only a suggestion ???? 💡

mincer
    Participant

@Blownshotgun wrote:

No,the nova has a billet block, no cooling system etc…

I vote YES on this.

T.O..

yes from me gotta keep up with the turbos somehow

col palmer

@mincer wrote:

@Blownshotgun wrote:

No,the nova has a billet block, no cooling system etc…

I vote YES on this.

T.O..

that would be the “decorative” cooling system ….

doz08z

Unfortunately there was an internal committee vote about the PSI’s and we had a very close vote count with it comming down to one vote.
    Looks like the committee vote went to the NO side guys.. So this will not go to vote…

baz434

@doz08z wrote:

Unfortunately there was an internal committee vote about the PSI’s and we had a very close vote count with it comming down to one vote.
    Looks like the committee vote went to the NO side guys.. So this will not go to vote…

That’s a shame, would be very interesting to see how many No ‘s verse Yes’s there would be, if the voting was up to members and not the committee ..

Roth

When was this vote carried out..?
    I was chatting with JH, & JW just on Wed or Thurs and they were both talking about it!
    BTW, I’m all for it, so ‘YES’, in fact I believe it HAS to happen. Even with PSI’s, there will be no catching the hairdryers without the introduction of weightbreaks or some other equalizer..>!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘PRO Street BlownUnblown Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.