Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM ARCHIVES CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2010 OUTLAW RADIAL CLASS, RTCTTFMF’S !!!

This topic contains 80 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  guru600 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

IMA400

thanks john

that has answerd all my questions

cheers chris 😀

guru600
    Participant

Hey guy’s,
    I must admit I have watching this from a far for quite some time and as a “street car” racer and newbie to this forum it’s fairly clear the scene hasn’t been this healthy for many years… Many of us over here in the West have just been hoping and waiting for everyone to finally agree on some thing, the fact that the lads (being the two Johnny’s and Simon) have gone out on a limb and put some muscle behind the APSA only strengthens our voice so that maybe the “that’s not a street car” brigade might just shut the fuck up and listen!
    I’m a bit concerned though the way we may be heading with our Outlaw radial class and I sort of agree with 11nos/Derek, the last thing we want to end up with is another pro / mod street where we have two or three at the top of the heap and daylight to the next guy’s and please I’m not having a shot at the lads on top, good luck to them as I’m sure they have all worked hard for their performances…but I guess I’m talking about the guy’s that are nearly there but perhaps don’t have the time, resources, skill, dough or all of the above to make it and I’m probably one of them.
    I know the tyre will be the limit but the cleaver guy’s won’t take long to work out how to put it down, then comes the massive cubes, spread port heads, 100+ mm turbos and all the other fruit that it takes to make 2500-3000+ hp and we end up where we are now…Nothing grabs Joe average more than when he walks the pits and sees a nasty small block with a heap of gas, or a turbo big block with basic gear on it, a full interiors and dash, stuff anyone can put together and afford, perhaps limit cubes and how they’re configured, I’m not sure letting things go and trying to reign them in after is the way, I think keep it basic then it comes down to who can manage it the best…We don’t have to look far, it’s only a “click” away the yanks have been doing this shit for years, cant we adopt some of their plans and perhaps just give em a polish to suit ourselves.
    Look guy’s, sorry for the rant but this type of racing is something that I can’t get enough of, I like most of you love this shit and only want to see it go forwards and who knows maybe one day we might see you all over here on the west coast to make it a class that has some balls Australia wide! Again just my two cents worth and theres no doubt I will support what ever we all come up with,

RTCTTFMF’S!!!!! cheers George.

SLY LSX

Just a thought

Now we have the true street blown class ” for the small radial cars” can’t we make the Outlaw Radial class open to anything like the Outlaw 10.5

The rules for the 2 classes could be the same just with the tyres being the differance

29.5 x 10.5 x 15W Slicks = 11.2 tread width

325 x 50 x 15 = 11.6 tread width
    315 x 60 x 15 = 11.9 tread width

Or could we let 325 radials run in 10.5 outlaw 😕

Not that I have a vested interest or anything 😉

Darth Vader

Sly RX4;
    There is parity with the rules for Outlaw 10.5 & Radial & thats the lack of them! Tyre type is unique to each class obviously & two specific rules in Radial which should remain & that is 3/4 chassis or less & no chicken sticks, everything else is open to your imagination & wallet. This should not change, if someone wants to run a full tube chassis car then 10.5 is the class for them. If you want to run 10.5 in your radial car then throw on the 10.5’s

The rules have been locked in for 2 yrs.

I have a vested interest in this class, my Radial car has been built to fit into Mod Street rules with a small amount of changes, but I have no intention of running in MSB ……..Turbo / Nitrous war to intense for me.

Keeping the chassis rule in Radial stops the light weight tube chassis car entering.

Regards

Vader

SLY LSX

@Darth Vader wrote:

Sly RX4;
    There is parity with the rules for Outlaw 10.5 & Radial & thats the lack of them! Tyre type is unique to each class obviously & two specific rules in Radial which should remain & that is 3/4 chassis or less & no chicken sticks, everything else is open to your imagination & wallet. This should not change, if someone wants to run a full tube chassis car then 10.5 is the class for them. If you want to run 10.5 in your radial car then throw on the 10.5’s

The rules have been locked in for 2 yrs.

I have a vested interest in this class, my Radial car has been built to fit into Mod Street rules with a small amount of changes, but I have no intention of running in MSB ……..Turbo / Nitrous war to intense for me.

Keeping the chassis rule in Radial stops the light weight tube chassis car entering.

Regards

Vader

Im hearin ya Vadar,

I realises the rules are locked in, i just thought it was an interesting topic for discussion over the next 2 years…

I thought it was a little strange that you can pretty much have anything bar the 2 things you meantioned in radial, but in 10.5 its anything goes, I thought that’s what outlaw would mean, anything goes bar the tyres.

Anyway, all good, Ill stick my slow arse thing in 10.5… its all fun in the end..

RTC “no longer” TTFMF 😆

Cheers
    SLY

Bad061

Dont worry Sly,
    There will be at least two of us fighting it out for wooden spoon honours in 10.5! haha

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

The forum ‘CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2010’ is closed to new topics and replies.