Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM ARCHIVES CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2010 OUTLAW RADIAL CLASS, RTCTTFMF’S !!!

This topic contains 80 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  guru600 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author

11nos

I’ve been sitting back reading all this stuff about outlaw radial and wanted to add another point of view.

So from what I’ve read the rules would be

radial tyre whatever size
    No wheelie bars.

Ok looking from a business point of view, we have radial outlaw and 10.5 outlaw proposed. To me it would make more sense just have 1 at this point in time. Attract more cars, build a stronger following.

My view on radial was a class between true street and mod street. For someone to join a class with a car with a poweradder you had to run mod street as the rules are now. Mod street is great but to have a chance you’ve got to be running mid 8’s or better, which is out of the reach of most entry level people.

As I see it, alot of radial cars that are actually running and racing right now are mostly street cars that have poweradders. So they can’t race true street, and aren’t quick enough to bother in mod street, or are quick enough but are illegal with the rules in there current form, and like something different.

Thats where I see radial as a marketable class in australia right now.

Like I said at the begining, just another point of view.

Cheers
    Derek

BOTLFED

You will see cars come out of the woodwork with radials on the back that will go faster than the mod st cars are running now………

Anonymous

Just signed up to the site. Dragradial E.T. street style tyres? I have a n/a and a turbo car which will run the street tyres, i would need to run a 30” tyre as a 28” would change the ride height and would not fill my gaurds. So it needs to be a max size of 315×65 E.T. tyre as specified at the start. Soon as this is in and in place i’ll go and buy the street tyres and of to a wednesday night street meet and post my E.Ts.
    Cant wait for the first drag radial shootout.
    Cheers
    Elvio

farmboy410

Elvio great to you on board what about the other lsx turbo boys around your way.Been getting a great response about radials it is shaping up to be big we want 315s in so we can get everybody racing, if we can get get good numbers at every meet and show growth then other rules or classes can be created, than this can be addressed later down the track.At the moment we need support from everybody ,the 10 and 11 second cars are very important to get this class going at this present time we have so much interest about radials and it is were the talk is ,We have all said apsa should put a radial class on its time we all band together and make it happen. Join up show your interest have your say show your support to radials and make it happen.RTCTTFMF!
    we need the time slips sent in for the top ten list i know there is alot of cars that need to be put on that list

Khaino

Guys after alot of phone calls these will be the rules that will be getting voted on,i know it doesnt suit everyone but lets get the class up & running & we can have a look at somemore rules changers later on.
    Lets keep the rules basic to start until we see the response at the shootouts.
    Basic rules:-
    1 Any radial tyre M/T,Hoosier or Goodyear up to 325max width,including 315/65 & 295/65
    2 Any car with door except a FULL CHASSIS CAR
    3 No chicken sticks
    4 N/A or any form off boost.
    5 Unlimted cubes,turbo & procharger sizes & unlimted NOS kits.
    Thanks Khain & APSA .

Anonymous

@farmboy410 wrote:

Elvio great to you on board what about the other lsx turbo boys around your way.Been getting a great response about radials it is shaping up to be big we want 315s in so we can get everybody racing, if we can get get good numbers at every meet and show growth then other rules or classes can be created, than this can be addressed later down the track.At the moment we need support from everybody ,the 10 and 11 second cars are very important to get this class going at this present time we have so much interest about radials and it is were the talk is ,We have all said apsa should put a radial class on its time we all band together and make it happen. Join up show your interest have your say show your support to radials and make it happen.RTCTTFMF!
    we need the time slips sent in for the top ten list i know there is alot of cars that need to be put on that list

Thanks jamie, we have 5-6 LSX cars ranging from 1000 to 1600hp, from my capri, torana, L300 LS van and 3 commodores that weight in at over 4000lbs that all run a 315×65 tyre or smaller and are street car based with full trim.
    As Khaino listed these rules are a perfect start, this way you will get a good number of cars turning up and as it develops and have large numbers you can start to adjust the rules for a couple of classes the suit N/A and blown apps.
    For now KISS (keep it simple stupid)
    P.S. On a tight ass note, how does organizing a tyre supplier to supply the E.T. to us at a cost well below trade and sponsor the class, i.e. VPW or something. I would be chucking a new set every 20passes. Also bring back over the start line burn outs for the radial class. I hate doing break jobs.
    Cheers Elvio

HDT275

Yeah Khain ..Our main focus is to get this class recognised.. Then we can work towards refining the rules. Lets get all the time cards coming in!

11nos

I would say just be careful what you wish for. If you put the rules up as ‘outlaw’, build a following, how are the racers going to react to rules changes in the future, especially if you try and tighten them up.

Go read the mod street weight break thread and you’ll see what i mean. No one wants it because of the money been spent to get their cars light. Like it or not I see the same happening here if these rules go through to get ‘the class recgonised’ and then try and change them later.

I think that mod street is now out of reach of most racers to be competive, because of the rule changes and making them more relaxed, eg, cutting chassis rails has just made it better for those small light cars. Starting at the ‘very loose’ end of the rule scale to me makes it hard for everyone. If these rules get up, nothing is stopping joe blow going to the states and buying a 6sec 10.5 car, putting radials on it and having class dominated by 1 or 2 cars again. A class will always be more attrative to a racer if they think they have a slight chance of being competive.

I don’t know why it hasn’t been raised yet, but whats wrong with the QLD rules for radial that seems to have work well so far, and improving on this base?

You can always make the rules more relaxed, but it’s a hell of a lot harder to make the rules tighter.

Khaino

If we run the the Qld rules youve just got rid of half of the radial list.And what meeting have the ascar rules for radial been inforced ? Most of the cars that have been running in radial class are OUTLAW anyway.OUTLAW radial will always be a OUTLAW class,until we get the numbers & see what type cars are running it might”n be impossible to run a 2ND Radial class etc.I’d would love to see a another radial class aswell,but until this baby walks we need cars at the shootouts simple.We want to run Radials because that what we luv to do & for the luv of Drag racing,Chris Attard is one of the keenest supporters of radial where does he fit in,where do you fit in ,& where do i fit in.

HDT275

Unfortunately there wont be any rules to tighten if there is no class in the first place!

farmboy410

Elvio i’m sure we could make a radial member get some sort of discount to happen,can you give your boys a push to sign up if they haven’t already we want more input and see what everybodys needs are before rules are set please consider the radial class and the sport before everyone wants the rules to be forged around their car

IMA400

hey guys
    everyone wants whats best for the sport . the way i see it you have to crawl befor you walk . this is a new class trying to get up & running with in APSA . you are never going to keep everyone happy . as long as the rules are fair and adheard to by everyone who cares . this classcould give M/S & M/SB a run for the numbers of cars in the class .

the way i see it let all the rules comeout so everyone can see them vote on them . then lets race . there is always going to people that think there been hard done by but thats life , life goes on .

the idea of this class is to get alot more cars to rase at shoot outs , cars like mine . i can run in pro street ( yeh right ) sbc trying to run all those big cubers .but the radial is the leveler in this class

cheers chris

doz08z

I think you’re right Chris and Khain lets get “a” Class up first…..This class has full APSA committee support so if we can get numbers to shootouts or a TOP10 then it will happen. I can see heaps of support from racers but not a TOP10. So we are willing to still create the class but no TOP10 until we start having some radial cars at Shootouts. Just to let everyone know APSA is working on multiple Shootouts at the moment and there is going to be announcements very soon. In our negotiation we have incorporated a Radial Class. SO we definately still need more support!!! Its in your hands guys.

For those that want stricter rules, lets start the class first, does’nt mean you can’t support and race. Then lets see who comes top play at shootouts, then if there is enough to create a second radial class with rules closer to modified Street or True street, we can discuss and submit it to the Committee for approval.
    Simon had the modified Street Radial class in mind first, but you guys have disscussed on creating the Outlaw Class first. I think starting there was a good idea.
    What I’m hearing from other racers in other classes, they are willing throw on radial and race in this class. So it could very well take off to be bigger than we think. We are here to support and get Australias first Fully Blown radiall Class happenning.
    If there is enough support and numbers the second class will happen it’s up to the racers and numbers at Shootouts….the only way is support..

IMA400

hi guys

have you decided what the rules for this class are going to be (voted on) ❓
    cheers chris :roll:

doz08z

Hi Chris

To start we are going have an “Outlaw” class run at shootouts.

Rules are:
    Any DOT approved radial Tyre up to a 315/60
    No full Chassis cars, (1/2 and 3/4 welcome)
    No Wheelie Bars
    No limit to Power adders or engine combinations (Let the tyre be the limiting factor)

Nice and simple.

This class will be great as anyone can jump in from other classes or anyware else and have a run.
    Whoever can get it down will be the Winner.

Once we see what sort of turnout there is at Shootouts and if we can split the field into sub classes we will do so.
    An idea the Committee have explained is and Outlaw and a Standard Chassis Class or even an unlimited Radial and 275 class ,eventually.
    We will start the Outlaw Class first then go from there. Accorrding to this Poll we are looking like this class is official.
    Also as soon as we do get a shootout Happenning then we’ll Put up a Top10…This is great guys let see how it go’s..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

The forum ‘CLASS RULE DISCUSSIONS & VOTING, JUNE 2010’ is closed to new topics and replies.