Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build my sle …true street .

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BADSLE 9 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

BADSLE

hi all ….this is my vh ,,,,I have built this for a few years on an off ,,,its a fairly mild 355 with 5500 cov and 4.11 gears …everything not needed that weights something has been gone apart from the sle velour and the power windows of course ….it should see the 10 sec zone eventually its got roughly 530hp at the crank …it went 12.01 at 90mph running like a bag of shit …
    although it wont be the quickest true street out there (yet) im looking forward to getting a bit of track ime and supporting apsa ..

enjoy cheers

VT-565

12.01 @ 90? when did you back off? 8)

Looks neat mate, how do you like those mickey thompsons? what pressure do you run them at?

BADSLE

yeah backed of well early ,,went 96. something mph to half felt like i was in a rodeo comp bucking around crappy and that …had vacuum hose off carb and a gut full of fouled plugs …the tyres seem ok hey …spun them on 15 psi so down to 13 now and seems ok ..

VT-565

Ah, very good.
    I’m going to try a set on my hilux. I was told to run them around 20psi and go from there.

Cheers

BADSLE

this is my hugely powerful 308 ..lol enjoy

PRO428

mate ur car has lots of potential it has the attitude and parts to make a decent msb car
    and thats half the battle ah!
    BRING ON TSB!!!

BADSLE

cheers mate ,,,yeah a tsb would be great hey …gotta get a full pass out of it yet though …lol should be good with a bit of seat time hopefully weened all the little crap out …going out for a strap on the 16th so will soon see .

vk355

Hi Chris did you make it out for a blast on the weekend if you did how did you go?
    Also just curios as to what size tire and wheels you are using on the back?
    Cheers Kerry

BADSLE

HI kerry,

yeah made it out there, didnt go really well though had a few timing issues with it retarding itself etc. but we are getting ontop of that i think. just silly little stuff, we were loosing 5 deg of timing from 2500 rpm onwards …so wasnt real flash, went 12.1 at 100 or something just holding my foot on about 5700 rpm. once sorted it should be ok ,,,,went 1.7 to 60ft like a bag of crap so hopefully next time out we will be able to improve a tad.

the wheels on the back are 15×8 pro stars with 4.5 backspace, diff is shortened 40mm from standard and the tyres are 255/60/15 et street radials.

cheers chris

BADSLE

bit of an update guys ,,,

the car has been out again and went 11.1 this time ..its far from a top runner in true street but still fun to drive ….

motor has more in it ..still had 3 deg timing up sleeve, was running out of fuel pressure bad from half track …pipes have to be modded as they have 21/4 inch oulets at the moment, so yeah bit to do …..but plans are there for roller cam and alloys etc so fun times ahead ….hear is a pic of it last time out

still great for a home built motor ,,,everything infront of the firewall ,,,,so pipes, motor, carb and ignition, radiator and all that sort of stuff doesnt even owe me 10k so im stoked …

bln355

Nice ride there mate, what size radial you running on the rear ?

BADSLE

hey mate ,,cheers for the compliments …there 255/60s …work out to be 27 inch tall if ya wanted to know for gearing etc …they seem to work well allthough im not putting heaps through them ,,,i run them at about 16 psi havent really tried to play with much yet but I like em …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.