Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build Here for True Street Blown

This topic contains 88 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  vkdave 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author

vkdave

Thanks guys,

I would love to have 10 mins to work on it at the moment. Looking like I should be able to get back into in the next month, or there abouts, can’t wait

(to repaint the cage for the third time :p)

vkdave

Managed to clear a bit of time to work on it, is nice to put parts back on it and it start looking like a car again

vkdave

I painted the cage, few runs, but is nice and shiney. I am happy considering the level of stunt work involved and the fact it is first ‘proper’ paint job.

vkdave

Bit more progress

Need to bolt all the boards up and finish some of the trimming, but it is close to what it will look like

Handy having a curtain maker for a wife :)

DEBENZ
    Participant

Nice job on the rear trim, looks good and should be light too. Sure beats el cheapo carpet and glue like my hack job. Keen to see it finished now.

vkdave

Cheers, I kept the wood nice and thin so hopefully it isn’t too heavy.

I can’t wait to have it done, but I think progress is going to slow, just starting the final semester of my MBA

vkdave

doors on, chucked the trims in to see what they would look like.

vkdave

update time, I made up some radiator pipes out of stainless. Starting to look like a car again.

vkdave

Drove it outside for the first time today, was good after not hearing it run for 2 years

duncs

good to see it finally coming together for you. Racing by March?

vkdave

Assuming no misadventure on the dyno it should be okay.

vkdave

had it’s first trip to Cleveland exhaust dyno, made 350rwhp @ 4000rpm and 7psi, but we ran out of jets to throw at it as it was running lean.

Unfortunately it is going to miss the shootouts as I have to modify the manifolds and redo some of the brake system.

Surely I will make a shootouts oneday 😥 It should have its first run at the Powerplay in May, might even chuck it in the street outlaws event if they run it again.

vkdave

Put a big rush on for powerplay in Brisbane, got the car pretty bloody close, made it to the dyno the thursday before the event, seems like an ongoing theme 😕 . Ended up having really bad valve float and wouldn’t make power past 4000rpm and was not responding to more boost or timing. It made 390 rwhp at 11psi with no timing in it. Have got a set of 130 pound springs to chuck in it.

Here is a pic of it on the Dyno at Cleveland Exhaust

vkdave

Back on the dyno with new valve springs

Pretty happy with the result

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.