Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build Here for True Street Blown

This topic contains 88 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  vkdave 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author

vkdave

got home from a few days with the family and did a few hours work, mounted the other gate and made some screamers

Most of the fab is done now, turbo system is out of car to finish it up ready for final install.

Q: will glass wrap be enough to stop the dump frying up the paint? I was going to coat the dump and install acl heat shield, but the dump would sit on it , which kind of defeat the purpose and melt the paint anyway. Keen not to destroy the paint.

bln355

Wrap will help, but I don’t like your paints chances with the pipe that close.

envi9

get some dei titanium wrap from Quantum, its amazing. at least twice as good as normal wrap

vkdave

cheers stu, will give that a go.

Any point running that wrap with normal glass over the top?

envi9

i ran that wrap on the capri, dump pipe ran along the side wall of the engine bay, and was only about 5 – 10mm from it, never even blemished the paint, i could do a pass, then put my hands on the dump pipe when i got back to the pits.

vkdave

Old altenator bracket was shit, so I made up a new one

vkdave

some more pics

Mock up of the interior that my missus has been sewing up for me. Seats are nowhere near finished as they need the insert remade, harness holes inserted and we have to pull the covers down tight, but gives you a sense of what its going to look like.

My unending love affair with KBS continued today. Painted the compressor housing and the turbo intake pipes. Going to redo the intake pipes as they are a bit stripey with brush marks, but they will be shiney and silver, unlike polished aluminium which is the devil, oil resistance FTW.

vkdave

didn’t spend much time on it this weekend, finished the seat mounts, bit agricultural but they will work. Welded some bungs in the rocker covers.

Fopar

coming together well, X275 looks like X275 is going to flourish 😀

vkdave

fitted transcooler, dumb luck that it actually fit

cut the holes in the radiator shroud

went to superformance to buy a steel cowl hood, but its a 6-8 week wait due to everyone getting defected for shitty glass scoops at the moment :(

vkdave

2 steps forward 1 step back today. 6 tins of VHT vinyl dye and now most of the interior is black. Only prob was that when I pulled the masking of the cage it ripped all the silver KBS off it. I don’t think it liked the shitty enamel the cage builder used. not that big a deal, just another half day lost which isn’t in the plan.

Fitted the starter,

vkdave

bare metaled and repainted the cage yesterday, shit job to do in the heat. Installed moroso pan, so I can get more fluid into the box, also switched to neoprene gasket and fitted the blast shield. Fitted brackets for chute release.

vkdave

got the turbine back from being coated

chute mount

vkdave

Got some more stuff done today:

-Finished and wrapped passenger side manifold
    -Tidied up chute mount, modified garnish, mounted it
    -Disassembled, sanded and repainted booster / master
    – Painted ugly bit in the bay
    – Painted underneath boot, where tank came out

Radials turned up, should have them mounted up next week

A mate is on wiring duties to save me burning the car to the ground. Power feed has been being re-routed, pic below is a distribution box / bulkhead from the a 996, on the other side of the box is a feed to the starter, really nice bit of kit, only redeeming feature of 996.

vkdave

went black

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.