Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build Here for True Street Blown

This topic contains 88 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  vkdave 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author

vkdave

Needed to finish a job, cell is modified for -10 feed and return

vkdave

small update

Decided to fit chiney radiator today. As expected it is totally fucking wrong, needed to modify everything to get it to fit. Made up some bosses and welded them to the radiator, thank fuck you can’t see them, because I did a bit of a shit job.

Heres the changes to the power feed, 250A master breaker for all circuits. 80 amp breaker for front circuit inc MSD and fuse box power feed. Kinda freaked about burning this thing to the ground.

VT-565

Looking good man

Shroud in front of the radiator though?

@VT-565 wrote:

Looking good man

Shroud in front of the radiator though?

That’s what I was thinking.

vkdave

It was originally designed for the back side, but I realised it would fit in front and clean up the bay a bit, and give me more room for turbo system. If it doesn’t work it will go on the back side, no big deal.

Its all been weather sealed, so hopefully the system works.

On an unrelated note, looking at getting the E-boost aux output to trigger the power-valves in the carby, so they operate at a pre-defined boost level, rather than based on vacuum. The output on the e-boost will trigger a small electric air pump which will open the power-valve. Other option that I think might work is to remove the power-valves a run a fuel solenoid, so I can tune activation point and amount of additional fuel. Anyone here set one up?

vkdave

p.s. next car will be injected 😥

BARNSEY
    Participant

Hi Dave. Give me a call on 0427414381 i’ve been down this path with blow through with a similer idea to yours and got it to work great. went 8.7 first pass on radials

Leave the shroud where it is but hack all bar the req’d mounting tabs out of that flat sheet. A guy I know had a boost triggered fuel solenoid/plate setup and it functions (I didn’t say it works). The transition was messy and the whole idea is pointless compared to a basic EFI setup or properly configured carb setup.

VT-565

The fans will (should) work fine on the front, just as Adrian said, cut out as much material as you can to both leave the fans secured properly and let as much air pass over the core as possible.
    Fans may also last a bit longer being on the cool (front) side?

vkdave

nozzle and solenoid ordered

Will try opening the solenoid on the two-step / transbrake to see how it effects spool.

MASIKA

Cars looking great mate, can you tell me where you purchased your engine mounts in the pics ?

vkdave

@MASIKA wrote:

Cars looking great mate, can you tell me where you purchased your engine mounts in the pics ?

Thanks.

They are tuff mounts, here is their ebay shop. http://stores.ebay.com.au/MUSCLE-GARAGE-Ph-0417-866-688?_trksid=p4340.l2563

They are a nice mount, but for the price they I am not really happy I had to bend the shit out of one of the mounts to fit, they didn’t clear one of the bosses on the block.

next time I would probably just get a set of land-cruiser shackle bushes and make a set myself, most complex bit would be turning up a set of sleeves to suit the shackles (and that’s only cause I can’t steer a lathe)

VT-565

@vkdave wrote:

most complex bit would be turning up a set of sleeves to suit the shackles (and that’s only cause I can’t steer a lathe)

I wouldn’t even go that far, just cut some sections of steam pipe and give them a good linish.
    You’re going to weld to it anyway, so a machined item would be going to waste 😉

On with the build :)

vkdave

@VT-565 wrote:

@vkdave wrote:
    most complex bit would be turning up a set of sleeves to suit the shackles (and that’s only cause I can’t steer a lathe)

I wouldn’t even go that far, just cut some sections of steam pipe and give them a good linish.

Need to make sure the sleeve for the shackle is a tight fit, if you can get some thickwall pipe with the right ID then you’re laughing.

VT-565

@vkdave wrote:

@VT-565 wrote:
    @vkdave wrote:

Need to make sure the sleeve for the shackle is a tight fit, if you can get some thickwall pipe with the right ID then you’re laughing.

You can also take a cut off the OD of the bush to get it spot on as well.
    Hmmm…
    *Heads off to the shed*
    😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.