Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build BLN355 setting up for TSB

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Fopar 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Fopar

sorry bit of threadjacking 😆 Kyle, how do they compare to the GT42R BB powerwise and in spooling? have heard great things about the GTX and tossing up whether to go twin GTX or twin PT76 on my modular.

BLN355 do u log the backpressure? would be interesting to see if there is a big difference, i’d imagine the bigger rear housing would have less backpressure.

Paulie

6BOOST

Same spool, more power than plain GT42. Precision seems to have their shit together with their new billet stuff as well, have seen their 70mm go over 900awhp on a GTR, I think it is much of a muchness between the 2, I just like the garrett stuff.

6BOOST

bln355

Ordered some steel 4 bolt caps for the new block this week plus steel front and rear caps.

What grout do people recommend to fill the block with?

Also what is the bead head gasket and stud combination to keep the heads on a Holden V8?

half in head studs o-ringed block and copper gaskets will keep the heads on Whatever block filler you use it should be done with tourqe plates bolted on the block regardless what you do the tune will make or break it doesnt matter how good the parts are or how well the engine is built with a dud tune any engine will let go

bln355

Just about all ready to fire up, hope to have it running later this weekend. Testing on the 11th and race on the 18th.

greenhj

so, is it the weekend yet? :mrgreen:

New pipes look good.

bln355

It will be at Calder next Saturday, had to pull engine last week and change the rear main, also had to swap back to old pipes as time was running out to finish all the little changes b4 the shoot out.

Just have to check timing, swap back wheels, check transbrake function, wash it and I’m ready to go.

greenhj

can you post a pic of the pipes without the engine attached?

bln355

greenhj

thanks mate.

Good luck on the weekend, dont break nuthin! 😆

bln355

Green a few more for you.

greenhj

Thanks Matt!

they look pretty good!

vkdave

Congrats on the 8!

PRO840

8??? do tell

vkdave

it ran an 8.

:mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.