Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk APSA Round2, Willowbank Raceway – wrap up

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fatvh 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pistolpete

What a week and weekend of APSA racing we had at Willowbank raceway…. Dozens of teams made the trek (from VIC, NSW and all over QLD) to prepare themselves for Round 2 of the APSA Series and tested Wednesday to Friday to be prepared to take on the best of the best on Saturday.
    Records and PB’s were dropping fast all over in testing (and later in Elims) for so many teams which proved the hot weather would not prevent the Willowbank Staff delivering us a great track – as they did.

The APSA Round2 had a great mix of competitors from all over the country with a strong contingent of interstaters showing they aren’t scared of ‘no one’ who made up a strong APSA class mix of 110 competitors.

Top Qualifiers:
    Extreme Stew Walsh 6.552/215
    Outlaw 10.5 Jeremy Callaghan 6.822/216
    Pro Street Blown Glen Foster 7.073/213
    Outlaw Radial Michael Kalaitzakis 7.337/193
    X275 Douglas Day 8.852/156
    X275Pro Jay Goodwin 8.105/173
    Mod St Blown Ashley Mason 8.162/169
    Pro/Mod St Unblown Geoff Campbell 8.104/166
    True Street Andrew Searle 8.741/154
    Pro Street Bike Jason Ellen 7.855/178

The ever persistent track staff kept the track in incredible condition whilst we had passing drizzle for most of the day, and with racing and pb’s run in between. Unfortunately the downpour after Round1 of Eliminations put a halt to the event. The decision was the right one to make as the rain didn’t ease till the following morning. Points will be issued to all APSA members for travel, records, and their round wins as per our rules for this event.

A big thank you goes to the Willowbank team of Tony Manson/Tracey Fletcher and all their staff who made this a great event and the one to aim for in the future. Of course we couldnt do it without the help and dedication of all the APSA team : Ray Treasure, Hayley Turns, Chris Diggles, Mark Humphrey, Big Leo, Craig Brewer, Janelle Scott and the APSA committee for their support and commitment, as well as George and Melissa our APSA Merch team.
    An even bigger thank you goes out to all the APSA members, competitors and fans that supported this event, which I think will be up on a pedestal as the best in years!!!!

Please note that we are looking at an additional round at Willowbank before the finals this year, and will try to fit it in if possible, so show your support by giving us a PM or like on FB –https://www.facebook.com/AustralianProStreetAssociationApsa?ref=hl
    Also please note for all APSA Members, if you ran a record or made it in the Top10, please send us your time slip so we can update it.

Pete.

DEBENZ
    Participant

Hey Peter, whats happening with points from this round??

pistolpete

Points have been allocated for travel, Top qualifying and first round and as far as I know there weren’t any records.

They should be posted up in the next few days…

Pete.

Fatvh

Hi pete dave here fatvh I ran psb round 2 at willowbank for the first time as im a new comer in this class and loved it. Ive looked at the top ten list for qld and it has not been updated I ran a pb of 8.40@161.77mph if im correct that would put me in 5th spot on the qld list I can send time slip from shootout if needed. Race no#5818 blown injected Vh commodore 420cid 3200lbs cheers fatvh.

pistolpete

fatvh, well done mate!!!

We are updating the top ten lists across the board, and will be a few more days as we DEFINITELY haven’t forgotten about our members that have reset records!

Please send us your time slip so we get the info correct and have it on file – apsa@live.com

Well done again Dave!

Pete.

Fatvh

Cheers pete.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.