Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build Another LH, "GAME ON"

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  duncs 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

duncs

Hey guys, picked up a new ride the other day.

LH torrie, 406 Chev on methanol, Coan transbraked glide and convertor, 9 inch with McDonald bros tubular upper and lower arms, still has full interior and all steel panels and bumpers. Fresh combo and taking it for it’s first skid in a couple of weeks. Will try to get to the willowbank shootouts and of course my local Palmyra one!

Cheers :) Duncs

vkdave

nice ride, what class?

duncs

Most likely MSU or just DYO, then step up to a heads up class when i’ve got a bit more power :) expecting low 10s / high 9s maybe from this combo

FRY747

thats one tough looking LH :)

duncs

thanks buddy!

pig383

Looking good little brother come see me when you want an engine 😀

duncs

Haha shit, might need get something bigger than a 28×9 under the arse of it first! lol 😀

duncs

thinking of doing a couple of changes to the car to make it legal to run in the new TSX275 class, I’m pretty sure i will only need to change tyres to an ET Street or something similar, make sure all the street equipment works (wipers and indicators) and change bonnet (most likely 6 inch reverse cowl). Also thinking about a small shot of nitrous, has anyone on here used gas with methanol? If the APSA guys come up with some rules / minimum weights for aspirated cars, i’ll be more than happy to run without it.

This is all a big maybe at this stage, got summernats and a P&O boat cruise burning a hole in my pocket before the first Willowbank Shootout, plus the fact that i still haven’t done a pass in the car yet, the weather gods hate the shit out of me.

duncs

Easter shootout is only 3 weeks away now. 6 inch cowl bonnet should be done at paint shop, stickers done, wipers fitted, got the indicators working, also got licensed in the car with a 10.38 aspirated, still got a bit left in the launch. Got nitrous and fuel systems, radials and chute to fit up by then and test it all before heading down. Getting excited but!

duncs

had a few setbacks with the nitrous and never managed to get it on, ran a 10.08 at Sydney shootout but hurt the engine, so changing the combo a bit. Got some extra’s when i bought the car, so another top end is going on, 23deg Brodix -10 heads, T&D rockers, sheetmetal tunnel ram, twin 750 petrol carbs, will be running on avgas or ms109. Engine being built with nitrous in mind also, hoping to have it back in the car by palmyra shootout 21st July.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.