This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  doz08z 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

doz08z

The committee disscussed this and felt this should go to vote.

jonny please clarify is this for both big and small block or just small block?

pig383

Both big an small H.

NXGEN

Why would you do this do this class its called modstreet for a reason, and what is anyone going to achieve with a alloy block when its std cam height ,std deck and bore spacing its been proven time and time again with numerous sprintcar teams that alloy blocks are on average down 40 -60 hp over a cast block what are we doing to a class that we already cant get enough entries in, this is pathetic,i would really like to know who is it that this would benefit! Ali

PINKBITS

Don’t want to upset anyone,
    But what is the point of allowing alluminium blocks in the class when the cars have to weigh 2800lbs.
    and will cost you a heap of HP.
    Why not allow them in pro street which is a class that allows more modifications and higher end racing.
    By allowing alluminium blocks who are we catering for to enter the class that can’t enter with an iron block?
    I hope the alluminium blocks are still restricted to standard cam height and no spread rail sumps.

Tony

doz08z

The reason for this is so racers pushing can repair blocks, manage heat and as you have explained there is no power advantage rather the opposite…
    With the minimum weights in, it won’t make a differance….
    Sorry Ali it was discussed and 7 experienced committee members plus delegates all agreed to let it go to vote…
    Yes Tony Standard Cam height only

DEBENZ
    Participant

I thought we were to vote on raised cam small blocks only? When did this go for big block too? And where did the raised cam bit go ❓

doz08z

It does’nt go for big Blocks….Both are still standard cam heights only.

blacktrack

Iam with the rest….did not see this coming……….. keep the alloy blocks for pro street

pig383

Guys this has come because of a few things the main one is because of the min weight coming in it makes no difference to any of the other races if you want to run an aluminum block like you say they make less HP but they are def easier to maintain and cool off in between rounds I’m not sure how many of you race but towards the end of the night at our shoot outs you only get about 30 mons to turn a car around which let me tell you it’s tough to get the job done, also it might help some of the aspirated guys be ale to get down to min weight instead of having a whole bunch of capris at the pointy end.
    These days there is not much difference in price between a decent iron block an a cast aluminum but when things go wrong at least you can repair the aluminum.
    We have to move with the times boys and girls.

NXGEN

Well the only car that i can see that cant make the weight is andrews hq there are bigblock lh toranas that are 2750 lbs but its all about the capris well we will just keep stepping up then what will b voted next ban capris!!!!its a joke

doz08z

Funny this is comming from a Capri Racer….
    You know whats next Ali??? Some great racing…..

BENT 8

@NXGEN wrote:

and what is anyone going to achieve with a alloy block when its std cam height ,std deck and bore spacing its been proven time and time again with numerous sprintcar teams that alloy blocks are on average down 40 -60 hp over a cast block

Could not of said it better. Still scratching my head as to why big cube sb’s aren’t getting a look in ?????

whats going on here almost 40 votes and we cant get more than half a dozen cars in msb at an event lately and less in msu something dont add up

PINKBITS

My thoughts exactly! Where are all these cars?? 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘2012 Modified Street BlownUnblown VOTING SECTION’ is closed to new topics and replies.