Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM New Cars and In the Build 3 new turbo cars for APSA

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Fopar 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Fopar

hey guys, just wanted to let you know about 3 new cars we are preparing to race in the APSA. there are 3 of us (all brothers)

1) my brother John’s 3L 180ci Toyota 2JZ (Inline 6-cyl) KE70 Corolla Wagon this will be for racing in PSB, consistently ran 8.4@160 however, we recently upgraded it to E85 and on it’s first shakedown pass it ran a 8.06@174 has an 80mm turbo but after the brother has finished building his new house we are going to completely re-vamp the whole car, bigger turbo, some chassis work, love to see it run some mid-7’s, as it is now should run 7.8’s

some older passes, the car had alot of issues back then, now suspension and electricals are fixed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvcs8kcl24&NR=1

2) my (Paul) 4.6L 281ci V8 Twin 74mm turbo full tube chassis 1991 Dodge Daytona for Outlaw 10.5, hoping to have this out for testing by the end of the year, will be running big slicks at first then changing to 10.5 after i have had a few runs in it, having never driven anything faster than a 14-sec stock car i might 10-20 passes to get me into the groove of things 😛 should make around 1700hp, would love to run a 6.9/200+mph pass when it’s all sorted on big slicks, im hoping 7.0-7.2’s on a 10.5W

3) my other brother Joe and myself are combining to do a 1970 Ford Capri we are looking at most likely it being a 5.4L (323ci) Ford modular with twin 70mm turbo’s which we will race in MSB. Joe’s little 240ci Turbo Capri sits at around 11th or 12th on the list now, he drives this car all the time on the street and to and from the track on raceday, we don’t want to push it to far as it will affect it’s driveability on the road so that is why we are building this one. we hope before the end of next year to have it out and racing. i will start up a build thread once we get cracking. either GrooveRyder or Mario Teuma will be doing all the chassis work for us. ultimately the goal for this build is mid-7’s.

doz08z

Welcome and go the Geri Brothers.
    Pleasure to have you as part of APSA and I can vouche for the love you guys have for your racing. I have been friends and raced with Joe for many years he even lent me a Racing suit once when I had forgtten mine :roll: 😆 😆 :)
    Absolute gentlemen and these are the sort of guys we like to see at APSA…

I’ve seen the Corolla Race, very impressive, and this new 10.5 outlaw, Fopar, as you call it, looks like it will be very Tuff as well.
    Not to mention Joe’s Capri which is, in my eyes, amongst the tuffest, most refined, Street driven, StreetStrip, cars in the country.
    Credit to you fellas, hurry up Our first shootout is in March and others to come throughout the year. Bring on 2011.

Fopar

thanx Johnny, Joe’s current Capri will be getting a few upgrades also, his goal was to make the Top 10 but he didn’t think he would get booted out soooo quick 😆 within the next few months we will be putting bigger rear housings on the turbo’s, adding a CDI, removable wheelie bars (he still wants to drive the car to the track to race :P) and throwing a few pounds more boost, it’s only on 26psi now should see 35psi without a problem, hopefully all that equates to another 150-200hp he would love to run a 7-sec pass but i think 8.0-8.1 might be the best, anyone else would be ecstatic running 8.3’s in a street car but not Joe 😆

i’m excited to get the Fopar out soon (i call it Fopar because its a ford engine in a dodge/mopar car but other people call it faux pas (pronounced same way) because it’s a mistake should be a hemi engine in a ford :lol:) i’m confident we can get it sorted out pretty quick, Grooveryder is very clicked on when it comes to sorting out a chassis and i have one of the best tuners in the world tuning it, we are trying something different in terms of tuning, alot of people either look at me weird or find it intriguing the car is actually being tuned over the internet. the tuner connects to my laptop as its on the dyno and all the data get’s fed to him in real time, so he knows exactly what the engine is doing as it happens without being there. i may be in luck one of the top modular engine builders in the US is actually in Australia at the moment, they have a super quick 7.6/180+mph drag radial Mustang i’m trying to organise him to come down while the car is being tuned.

pics of the shell of the capri we will be using for the new car, Joe wants the car in MSB i wouldn’t mind putting it in Outlaw Radial. Radial and 10.5 are my 2 favourite classes to watch race.

no we won’t be keeping the luggage rack 😆

Bad061

U should keep the luggage rack on her 4 sure!!

@Bad061 wrote:

Told you I wouldn’t be the only one to say that Big Paulie.

Fopar

@Adrian Hodgson wrote:

@Bad061 wrote:

Told you I wouldn’t be the only one to say that Big Paulie.

if i can fab up an aerofoil style wing with it, i will keep it :)

maybe nickname the build Project ‘granny-spec’ leave the luggage rack, put the blinds on the back window, the light tint strip on the windscreen, wood panelling 😆

Fopar

Project Comalco (Fopar) is back on track, i missed the engine over the christmas break, so was good to get a chance to go back in to Northmead Auto. was quite disheartening as a huge 1200hp NA 600ci BBC was parked next to my little 281ci mod motor, it made me dream of a 3000hp twin turbo 600ci, it’s a shame it will only be gassed 😛

hopefully, engine will be all done in the car over the next few weeks, i just need to do all the plumbing, get the sparky back to terminate everything, put the fire system in and she is good to go. i want to get out there do a few passes on 16-17” tyres to get used to the car, then throw the 10.5W on for the Sydney meet in May.

i know the cams sitting on top of the heads and being an extra 3 of them may confuse some people, its not a futuristic engine from a spaceship or anything 😛 the block, heads and crank are proven to be good so far for 2500hp, the fastest mod motor powered car in the world actually has ran a 6.19@233 alot of guys in the US run around 1500hp with them in the Mustang classes, as well as alot of 1000hp street cars, they are a stout little engine. it’s funny noone else in Oz has ever done one.

[attachment=2:2m73t432]nats 040.jpg[/attachment:2m73t432]

[attachment=1:2m73t432]nats 041.jpg[/attachment:2m73t432]

[attachment=0:2m73t432]nats 042.jpg[/attachment:2m73t432]

PRO428

love the engine mate I am planning a 351 iron block quad cam from MMR and Im looking for 1600hp to run my early mustang in
    radial class. It will be good to bounce ideas off someone else in the club!
    All the best and keep it straight eh!

Fopar

@PRO428 wrote:

love the engine mate I am planning a 351 iron block quad cam from MMR and Im looking for 1600hp to run my early mustang in
    radial class. It will be good to bounce ideas off someone else in the club!
    All the best and keep it straight eh!

thanx mate, urs sounds like it will be a stout combo. Mark from MMR is definitely a very clicked on guy and they do great work. what heads are you planning on running? shoot me a PM whenever u want, happy to bounce around some ideas with u.

we took the little Corolla nugget out on the weekend, she was doing ok till the 800ft mark, when an injector stopped working and she melted a plug. ran a 8.14@161 previous best was a 8.06@174. she would sit at around number 10 in PSB but after reading the rules for PSB again on Sunday, i realised she wouldn’t be eligible as the firewall is recessed pass the windscreen :( we talked about throwing a 10.5W on her in the past, the future may see her running that. here is the run from Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmY3Rh_bOs

vkdave

Did you get a ruling on the luggage rack?

I think you need to run it.

Fopar

@vkdave wrote:

i want to run it, actually had a good look at it today, i like it 😆 we are gonna run without it, just think of the furore it would cause if we actually run a decent number. the luggage rack race spoiler could come back into style, we may put a patent on it now for the future 😉

vkdave

@Fopar wrote:

@vkdave wrote:

i want to run it, actually had a good look at it today, i like it 😆 we are gonna run without it, just think of the furore it would cause if we actually run a decent number. the luggage rack race spoiler could come back into style, we may put a patent on it now for the future 😉

Luggage racks aint TSB legal 😀

Fopar

preparing for Outlaw 10.5, fitted up the 10.5w’s on the sexy new Mickey Thompson 16×16 double beadlock wheels. bit of a comparison shot of just how small the 10.5’s looks compared to the 17” slicks. even with the 17” bag to bag they look miniature compared to the big boots 😆

enuff room for a picnic

😯 bling bling

12-point tailshaft sensor along with the GPS should hopefully have the wheels moving foward n not just round n round 😉

GRUBEE

ive got some matching mickey thompson fronts to suit those rears if your interested mate

Fopar

@GRUBEE wrote:

ive got some matching mickey thompson fronts to suit those rears if your interested mate

sounds good PM sent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.