Home Forums APSA MEMBERS FORUM General Race Talk 2016 Season discussion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LH327 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pistolpete

Looking for some feedback and Members / Racers views on where and how many rounds we should be aiming at for 2016. Setting dates and trying to get them all to work with eachother is not an easy task so please keep this in mind.

What we are looking at is where and how many times members think we should be racing at so we have a guide in planning 2016.

In a perfect world we could set 6 rounds of racing spread apart, but we need to consider the weather, other events that may clash, and travel time between each round and location, as well as making it fair for all.

So keen to hear your views on how often youd like to be racing at Shootouts, and where.

Pete.

duncs

Big ask I know, but it would be awesome to get some pro street cars back up to Palmyra track!

charga

I know it is a bit early to say if it is viable but would be great to see a Perth round included in the points

OSS383
    Participant

What I believe needs to happen is a confirmed commitment from the racers in the states that want a round there.
    Years gone by have seen all the ” I’d race if we had a round here” plastered on forum or FB……only to have the least amount of racers there from their home state and the field is made up of interstaters who themselves have made the pilgrimage there to support the event!

So my 2cents worth is to make sure that the states/rounds will be supported by all racers, with them planned and locked in very shortly for those to budget, plan, organise work/leave etc so that a successful Championship occurs rather than only a few be able to afford to get to them all. Maybe less rounds might be the answer??

MYT427
    Participant

I agree with Janelle, six rounds is a lot to budget for along with time off work.
    Having rounds only 6 or so weeks apart is almost impossible for some people to attend every round.
    Hope to see 2 rounds back in Sydney next year, but that’s my selfish side coming out lol 😉

LH327

Any 2016 Season dates out yet?
    Need to book out Holidays before anyone else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.