This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Fopar 8 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

michaelt

What is going to happen? 1/8 or 1/4?

Personally i would prefer 1/8.

Closer racing
    Puts more pressure on the driver to cut a light
    More pressure on the tuner to be aggressive off the line and get the set up right
    Levels the playing field between the high horsepower cars and the lower horsepower cars
    Brings the tyre back into play more, by getting after it in the first half and not relying on top end charge alone
    It should bring in more cars as more cars are capable of being competitive over the 1/8th

I think it will be just as exciting to watch, ultra close racing, more variety of cars would be able to compete. Might be able to run the class at the Slamfest series as well??

Blownshotgun

I’m with you Mick, I’d like to see it 1/8th also…
    It’ll tighten up the racing, be easier on parts &
    give the slower guys a better chance…..
    GB

pig383

I’m with you George easier on parts which means easier on he back pocket, if we it ends up going 1/8 then we will keep racing otherwise we have no choice part to park it up due to lack of $$$ untill we get a sponsor 😥 😥 😥

vl1700

Bring in a weight brake for the class, which should bring the s/blocks & b/blocks with diff power adders closer together..

SLY LSX

1/8…………

col palmer

1/8 mile
    not as far for the ambo’s to travel when i smash

Blownshotgun

@col palmer wrote:

1/8 mile
    not as far for the ambo’s to travel when i smash

Nice of you to think about someone else for a change Col… 😉

inocnt

I am all for 1/8 will be a better class closer racing 😀

gazzard

1/8 that way we mite bring our 10.5 car out

GRUBEE

1/4 mile

RUNS9

i think 1/8 is the way to go….

GRUBEE

i think 1/4 should be run on 1/4 mile tracks. The crowds will come to a shootout and watch every class run 1/4, and the headline class pull the chutes at half track.. Not real exciting to me….

Fopar

^^^^ 100% agree. 1/4 on 1/4 tracks, or 1/8 on a 1/4 track if it is unsafe at the time (dewy etc). Outlaw 10.5 is the premier class of the APSA. it would be funny for a spectator seeing the most advanced and dearest cars in the APSA race 1/8th to save money 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘10.5 Outlaw’ is closed to new topics and replies.